New Delhi: Country’s largest lender State Bank of India (SBI) allows its customers several online facilities so that they can minimise their branch visits. One such online facility is online registration of SBI Internet Banking.
SBI Customers having at least one account can register online for Internet banking facility.
Here is a step by step guide on how to register for SBI Internet Banking facility online
– In the Online SBI home page go to the Personal banking section.
– Click the New User Registration link.
– For new registration, select the New User Registration from the drop down menu.
– Click Next to continue with New User Registration.
– Enter the CIF number which is available in your Passbook/ account statement. Enter the branch code as displayed in your passbook. If you do not know the branch code click the Get Branch Code link to retrieve the branch code based on the location and branch name.
– Select your country, enter the mobile number registered in your branch.
– Select the Internet banking facility you require – Full or Limited Transaction Rights / View Rights
– Enter the Captcha code and click Submit.
– If you have an ATM card, you can complete the registration and activate Internet banking services for your account.
– Select the ATM Card option and click Submit. However, if you do not have an ATM card, Internet banking services will be activated by the branch.
– You will be redirected to Debit Card Validation page and requested to validate the ATM credentials.
– Enter the ATM card details and click proceed.
– You will be requested to generate a permanent username.
– Create a login password. Re-enter the password to confirm.
– Click Submit.
– Voila! Your Registration is successful.
Once your registration is successful, you will be advised to login to Internet banking services with the permanent username and password. SBI says that when you registered through online Internet banking service, you will have view rights only to check the balance or generate the account statement. Your view rights can be converted into Transaction rights through upgrade access level link under Request and Enquiries tab.
When you registered through Branch banking service, you will have Transaction rights with immediate effect.